Is your smile missing teeth? Have you cracked or lost a tooth from an accident or injury? If you are looking for a way to restore your smile, Enchanting Dentistry in Plantation can help with dental implants.
Why patients choose dental implants
Many people who have lost teeth from disease or injury, or who are using dentures or a dental bridge look to dental implants to get their smiles back. If you are someone who:
- Currently wears uncomfortable dentures
- Wishes to maintain existing healthy teeth, but needs some teeth replaced
- Avoids photos because you want to hide your smile
Then dental implants from Enchanting Dentistry in Plantation could be for you. They are a great option for patients who are looking for a long-term solution for broken or missing teeth. The implants serve as a foundation for artificial teeth, making them more durable and longer lasting than dentures or a bridge. Dental implants are placed in the root canal and permanently affixed to the jawbone, creating a stable base for artificial teeth to be secured in your mouth. Sometimes, dental implants can be used as a solid anchor for dentures if that better meets the patient's needs.
The artificial teeth look exactly like natural teeth, so they easily blend in with other teeth in the mouth. These dental implants provide patients with the security and confidence to eat, laugh and smile normally. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, just like natural teeth.
Benefits of dental implants
When researching dental care options, you might find that there are several choices for treatment. So, how do you make a decision? The American Dental Association (ADA) offers the following as major benefits of choosing dental implants:
- If you are missing teeth in your mouth, the remaining teeth can shift if a gap is not filled with a replacement tooth
- Missing teeth can impact speech and eating abilities
- A single tooth can be replaced without treating healthy surrounding teeth
- Dentures attached to dental implants provide a more comfortable and natural feel than unattached dentures that can slip out of place
Dental implants are a reliable, permanent solution to restore your smile. They come at a good value, because they will last forever if you take good care of them. Just like natural teeth, everyone should follow the ADA oral care guidelines of brushing twice a day and flossing once a day for a healthy mouth.
Call Enchanting Dentistry today at (954) 336-8478 to schedule your consultation for dental implants in Plantation, FL.