Are you realizing that your once-white smile isn’t as bright as it used to be? Does the appearance of your smile make you feel embarrassed of self-conscious? If so, you’re not alone. A recent study found that nearly 1/3 of Americans are unhappy with their smile. And, in addition, 22 percent of Americans who are unhappy with their smile think that better teeth would lead to a better love life and professional life.
The good news is that there is something you can do about it! At Enchanting dentistry, our proven procedures can dramatically whiten your smile, subtracting years off your appearance, and giving you the chance to regain your youthful self-confidence. Imagine your smile being up to eight shades whiter! Our procedures are proven to be safe, relaxing, and effective.
What Teeth Whitening Can Do For You!
Your smile is important and more powerful than you may realize! It’s one of the first things people notice about you. A whiter, brighter smile is beautiful – it can help you feel better about yourself and make a memorable impression. Research shows that the lifestyles many of us lead, along with the aging process, can stain and darken our teeth. Many things we do on a regular basis can contribute to stained teeth such as drinking coffee, tea, cola and red wine or smoking. These effects can be overcome with our procedures. Discover how teeth whitening can refresh your smile and get it looking its best.
Don’t go another day embarrassed about your smile! It’s time to feel good about yourself. Call us now at 954-DENTIST to take advantage of our best-ever teeth whitening offer to get your very own gorgeous, bright smile!
Your whitening teeth dentists Dr. Middelhof and Dr. Guzman offer advanced power bleaching by ZOOM! as seen on Extreme Makeover. This in-office whitening system will make your teeth dramatically whiter in just one hour. It’s safe, effective, easy, and fast. ZOOM! Chair-side whitening is ideal for anyone looking for immediate, exciting results. Dr. Middelhof is a member of the International Dental Implants Association, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and the Academy of General Dentistry.
In addition to ZOOM!, Enchanting Dentistry offers a range of professional teeth whitening products to treat even the most stubborn stains.
How to Prepare for Your Teeth Whitening Appointment
Before whitening your teeth and revealing the amazing smile you deserve, you’ll want to do a few things beforehand to prepare for your appointment:
- Be sure to schedule a consultation prior to a whitening appointment to discuss questions with your dentist and receive an evaluation and advice about how best to proceed. You can discuss various easy and healthy options with him or her as well, helping you to make an informed, educated decision about the exciting procedures available to achieve a whiter, brighter smile.
- In addition, you’ll want to have your teeth cleaned before the whitening procedure; you will have more success and be happier with your results when there is no plaque or tarter covering your teeth.
- Be sure to take your time investigating a whitening shade guide, and talk to your dentist about the shade options that are available. Start out by identifying the one that best matches your current shade; this way, you’ll have a base shade available to compare your dramatic end results to.
Tips to Keep Your Teeth Whitening Results
Once you’ve had your teeth whitening treatment and are elated with the results, you’ll certainly want to do everything you can to retain your new bright white smile. Following are some tips to keep in mind:
- Be sure to eat a good healthy diet – one that is high in fiber, which can help knock bits of plaque off the teeth. Softer foods and liquids have a tendency to get stuck in between the teeth more easily.
- Make a habit of brushing your teeth twice each day to retain your brilliant smile, and remember to floss!
- Limit foods and beverages with staining properties such as red wines, coffee, teas, colas, and fruit juices. (These also have high amounts of sugar in them, which attack the teeth!)
- For long-term success with your whitening procedure, rinse your mouth after every meal or snack, especially if a toothbrush isn’t readily available (although you can keep a small disposable brush with you, too).
- A proven way to retain your results longer that also has many side benefits to your health is to not smoke; smoking is a major cause of discoloration and will rapidly stain your teeth.
- Use a whitening toothpaste and a soft bristle toothbrush, and always keep your appointments for regular cleanings and check-ups with your dentist!
Teeth Whitening FAQ
Q: Is tooth whitening damaging to the enamel on my teeth?
A: Our effective teeth whitening procedures are safe for enamel; in fact, there is no permanent damage that results to the enamel or any other tooth structures, for that matter. Imagine a healthy smile that will be up to eight shades whiter than your current shade with our safe procedures!
Q: How long does teeth whitening last?
A: Although the length of time varies depending on several factors, including the method used and each patient’s particular eating and oral care habits, you can usually expect the beautiful results to last anywhere from six month to several years.
Q: I’ve heard whitening teeth causes tooth sensitivity. Is this true?
A: Any tooth sensitivity that results from whitening will not last, if any sensitivity occurs at all. If there is any mild sensitivity that results, it will disappear within a few days after treatment.
Q: I have fillings, crowns or veneers – can I still have my teeth whitened?
A: Yes, most likely. Tooth whitening usually has little to no effect on restorative materials like porcelain, so many people with restorative work can still discover success with teeth whitening. Some procedures can sometimes temporarily weaken the bond strength between enamel and composite restorations. Be sure to check with your dentist before you start any teeth whitening course.
Q: Would teeth whitening work for me?
A: Most people are good candidates for successful teeth whitening; however, every patient is unique, so it’s best to discuss it with your dental professional to overcome any concerns and choose a method that will give you the best success!
We also offer safe, convenient and effective at-home whitening. Your dentist in Plantation, FL prepares customized trays, which are filled with a powerful whitening gel and worn in the mouth for as little as 1 hour per day. In as little as one week, this process can erase most stains that have resulted from coffee drinking and tobacco, as well as tooth yellowing associated with aging. Our at-home whitening will produce a brilliant, bright white smile, leaving you feeling refreshed, happy and healthy!
For a dramatically whiter, brighter, younger, healthier-looking smile, make an appointment with Dr. Middelhof today! Call us at (954) 336-8478.