Discover Powerful Smile Transformations with Dental Bridges
Join countless other patients who have experienced improved chewing and aesthetic appearance by restoring their smiles with dental bridges! Discover a transformation that will have you smiling more than you have in years; if you are missing teeth, you may be an ideal candidate for a bridge. Dr. Middelhof is a top leading expert in all types of customized dental bridges, and have helped our patients realize a whole new outlook on life with their smile transformation expertise.
If you are missing a tooth (or several teeth), you may experience shifting in the position of your remaining teeth, suffer with difficulty chewing and speaking, and have an undesirable sunken facial appearance. Dentists note that missing teeth can eventually lead to jaw and joint problems that are painful and costly to treat. Don’t wait another day to transform your life and your smile with a dental bridge!
What is a Bridge?
Our dentist, together with our in-house lab, makes porcelain fixed bridges to improve chewing and aesthetic appearance that will restore your smile with a more permanent solution than dentures. Bridges replace missing teeth with artificial teeth. This bridge is a false tooth that bridges a gap created by a missing tooth or teeth. Two surrounding teeth are used as anchors; usually, porcelain crowns are placed over the surrounding teeth. The new false tooth, referred to as a Pontic, is set between those crowns.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are three types of dental bridges that are commonly used to restore the vibrant smiles of our patients:
- Traditional fixed bridge: This is the most common type of dental bridge; porcelain crowns are placed over the surrounding teeth on either side of a gap. These crowns are used as anchors to hold the false tooth in place. The false tooth is usually made of either porcelain fused to metal or ceramics.
- Cantilever bridge: A cantilever bridge is used when teeth are present on only one side of the gap. These are used typically in areas of the mouth that do not have to tolerate an intense chewing load, such as your front teeth.
- Resin-bonded bridge: With a resin-bonded bridge, metal bands are bonded to the surrounding teeth with resin and used to hold a false tooth in place. This type of bridge is typically used in areas of the mouth that undergo less stress, such as the front teeth.
- Implant-supported bridge: Similar to a traditional fixed bridge, with the exception of being anchored and supported on each side by implants, rather than by natural teeth.
The Process: Amazing Transformations with Dental Bridges
Dr. Middelhof will take a mold of the gap where a tooth is missing, and then our in-house lab will prepare a customized bridge, designed specially to fit your mouth. Before inserting the bridge, our dentist prepares the surrounding teeth for crowns to be placed over them. The bridge is set into place and the artificial tooth is securely cemented to the adjacent teeth, restoring the attractive natural appearance and functionality of the tooth that was lost. If our dentist recommends a resin-bonded bridge, the artificial tooth is secured by means of a metal appliance that attaches to the backs of adjacent teeth.
FAQ: Dental Bridges in Plantation
- How many visits does it take to get a bridge?
Unlike other dentists in Plantation, FL who may require several visits to complete the process, our patients complete treatment in only two visits. The first visit entails you discussing the best options with us, preparing the teeth and taking an impression. The second visit is when we cement the bridge.
- How much do dental bridges cost?
A bridge can cost between $900 and $2,700, depending on the type of bridge, the number of missing teeth, and other factors. We offer high-quality bridges at a very competitive price; take advantage of our free consultation to determine the cost of your bridge.
- How long do dental bridges last?
With proper care, your bridge should last almost indefinitely, and should never have to be replaced. Your bridgework should last a lifetime; however, the main factor that determines whether or not your bridge will last 30+ years is practicing good oral hygiene. Injuries to the mouth can also compromise your bridge; if you notice your bridge is broken in any way, make an appointment right away to see us.
- Can I repair my broken bridge with super glue?
Are you realizing that your once-white smile isn’t as bright as it used to be? Does the appearance of your smile make you feel embarrassed of self-conscious? If so, you’re not alone. A recent study found that nearly 1/3 of Americans are unhappy with their smile. And, in addition, 22 percent of Americans who are unhappy with their smile think that better teeth would lead to a better love life and professional life.
The good news is that there is something you can do about it! At Enchanting dentistry, our proven procedures can dramatically whiten your smile, subtracting years off your appearance, and giving you the chance to regain your youthful self-confidence. Imagine your smile being up to eight shades whiter! Our procedures are proven to be safe, relaxing, and effective.
What Teeth Whitening Can Do For You!
Your smile is important and more powerful than you may realize! It’s one of the first things people notice about you. A whiter, brighter smile is beautiful – it can help you feel better about yourself and make a memorable impression. Research shows that the lifestyles many of us lead, along with the aging process, can stain and darken our teeth. Many things we do on a regular basis can contribute to stained teeth such as drinking coffee, tea, cola and red wine or smoking. These effects can be overcome with our procedures. Discover how teeth whitening can refresh your smile and get it looking its best.
Don’t go another day embarrassed about your smile! It’s time to feel good about yourself. Call us now at 954-DENTIST to take advantage of our best-ever teeth whitening offer to get your very own gorgeous, bright smile!
Your whitening teeth dentists Dr. Middelhof offer advanced power bleaching by ZOOM! as seen on Extreme Makeover. This in-office whitening system will make your teeth dramatically whiter in just one hour. It’s safe, effective, easy, and fast. ZOOM! Chair-side whitening is ideal for anyone looking for immediate, exciting results. Dr. Middelhof is a member of the International Dental Implants Association, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and the Academy of General Dentistry.
In addition to ZOOM!, Enchanting Dentistry offers a range of professional teeth whitening products to treat even the most stubborn stains.
How to Prepare for Your Teeth Whitening Appointment
Before whitening your teeth and revealing the amazing smile you deserve, you’ll want to do a few things beforehand to prepare for your appointment:
- Be sure to schedule a consultation prior to a whitening appointment to discuss questions with your dentist and receive an evaluation and advice about how best to proceed. You can discuss various easy and healthy options with him or her as well, helping you to make an informed, educated decision about the exciting procedures available to achieve a whiter, brighter smile.
- In addition, you’ll want to have your teeth cleaned before the whitening procedure; you will have more success and be happier with your results when there is no plaque or tarter covering your teeth.
- Be sure to take your time investigating a whitening shade guide, and talk to your dentist about the shade options that are available. Start out by identifying the one that best matches your current shade; this way, you’ll have a base shade available to compare your dramatic end results to.
Tips to Keep Your Teeth Whitening Results
Once you’ve had your teeth whitening treatment and are elated with the results, you’ll certainly want to do everything you can to retain your new bright white smile. Following are some tips to keep in mind:
- Be sure to eat a good healthy diet – one that is high in fiber, which can help knock bits of plaque off the teeth. Softer foods and liquids have a tendency to get stuck in between the teeth more easily.
- Make a habit of brushing your teeth twice each day to retain your brilliant smile, and remember to floss!
- Limit foods and beverages with staining properties such as red wines, coffee, teas, colas, and fruit juices. (These also have high amounts of sugar in them, which attack the teeth!)
- For long-term success with your whitening procedure, rinse your mouth after every meal or snack, especially if a toothbrush isn’t readily available (although you can keep a small disposable brush with you, too).
- A proven way to retain your results longer that also has many side benefits to your health is to not smoke; smoking is a major cause of discoloration and will rapidly stain your teeth.
- Use a whitening toothpaste and a soft bristle toothbrush, and always keep your appointments for regular cleanings and check-ups with your dentist!
Teeth Whitening FAQ
Q: Is tooth whitening damaging to the enamel on my teeth?
A: Our effective teeth whitening procedures are safe for enamel; in fact, there is no permanent damage that results to the enamel or any other tooth structures, for that matter. Imagine a healthy smile that will be up to eight shades whiter than your current shade with our safe procedures!
Q: How long does teeth whitening last?
A: Although the length of time varies depending on several factors, including the method used and each patient’s particular eating and oral care habits, you can usually expect the beautiful results to last anywhere from six month to several years.
Q: I’ve heard whitening teeth causes tooth sensitivity. Is this true?
A: Any tooth sensitivity that results from whitening will not last, if any sensitivity occurs at all. If there is any mild sensitivity that results, it will disappear within a few days after treatment.
Q: I have fillings, crowns or veneers – can I still have my teeth whitened?
A: Yes, most likely. Tooth whitening usually has little to no effect on restorative materials like porcelain, so many people with restorative work can still discover success with teeth whitening. Some procedures can sometimes temporarily weaken the bond strength between enamel and composite restorations. Be sure to check with your dentist before you start any teeth whitening course.
Q: Would teeth whitening work for me?
A: Most people are good candidates for successful teeth whitening; however, every patient is unique, so it’s best to discuss it with your dental professional to overcome any concerns and choose a method that will give you the best success!
We also offer safe, convenient and effective at-home whitening. Your dentist in Plantation, FL prepares customized trays, which are filled with a powerful whitening gel and worn in the mouth for as little as 1 hour per day. In as little as one week, this process can erase most stains that have resulted from coffee drinking and tobacco, as well as tooth yellowing associated with aging. Our at-home whitening will produce a brilliant, bright white smile, leaving you feeling refreshed, happy and healthy!
For a dramatically whiter, brighter, younger, healthier-looking smile, make an appointment with Dr. Middelhof today! Call us at (954) 336-8478.
You should never repair your bridge, partials, or any other dental work with crazy glue or super glue. The main reason is that these substances can cause toxins to enter your body and be released into the blood stream, and they can also cause severe allergic reactions. The glue can leech deep into your gum tissues, and can also cause rapid deterioration of your bridgework. It is always best to contact us in the event of a broken bridge.
- Am I a good candidate for a dental bridge?
Typically, a good candidate for a bridge is one who has two strong and healthy teeth with a strong root on both sides of a missing tooth area. A patient who has problems with those teeth, such as those who may require a procedure like a root canal in the future, are usually not ideal candidates for bridges because the teeth can lose their strength, become infected, or become damaged over time. However, if you do not have healthy teeth near the area of a missing tooth, you may be a great candidate for dental implants or an implant-supported bridge. The best way to see if you’re a candidate for either type of bridge is to come in for a free consultation. We have an in-house lab to perform the whole process quickly and with complete control.
- What are alternatives to dental bridges?
Patients who are missing teeth often choose to go with dental implants, the standard of care today for replacing missing teeth. Enchanting Dentistry can give you a single-tooth implant, restore several missing teeth, or replace all of your teeth! Although dental implants cost more than bridges, the benefits are significantly greater. Healthy teeth that are nearby will not need to be modified, and bridges typically do not need to be replaced.
Don’t let your smile suffer from missing teeth any longer! Contact us today to set up an appointment with Dr. Middelhof. Dr. Middelhof is a member of the International Dental Implants Association, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and the Academy of General Dentistry.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!